Thursday, December 11, 2008

I am a loser who lives in filth................

Okay, for the last few days I have walked into the front door of my home and have been overcome with an offensive odor. At first I thought, whoah, the boys need to take a bath tonight, or maybe they need new shoes. The odor was hard to pin point. It was coming from the general direction of the kitchen, so I investigated further. Yesterday I decided it must be the garbage can, so I sent Drew to take out the trash, and I cleaned the garbage can with "Simple Green" because I am all about saving the environment. By the way, you don't even want to know what I found in the bottom, lets just say it had fur. Well, you would think that cleaning something furry out of the bottom of the garbage can would take care of any odor problem you were having, right? No such luck.

I just got home from my card party, (more about that later,) when I discovered that the odor was back! I used my keen sense of smell to sniff the entire kitchen, it always brought me back to the garbage can, which I sniffed thouroughly (can you picture this, my nose twitching like Bewitched.) It wasn't the garbage, but something very near the garbage. And then it hit me. It was the stove.

Now let me explain something. I stayed home from work on Tuesday with Will because he had a headache. (Yeah, it sounds fishy to me too.) So I thought I would be a good little housewife and make dinner, which involved boiling a chicken and taking all of the meat off of the bones. Well a few times during the cooking process, the water boiled over. I would just wipe it up, and turn it down a little and go about my business making Pioneer Woman's dinner rolls (we all know how that turned out.) Fast forward to today when my little sniffer, found under the stove top a puddle, about a 1/2 inch deep of rancid chicken broth that had been sitting for 3 days!!!! Yuck-o!
I again got out my "Simple Green" because I care about the environment and cleaned up that disgusting mess.

Moral of the story: Clean up after yourself like a good little girl, so you don't find disgusting smelly messes three days later.

No comments: